RPCS3 emulator for iOS
- System requirements
- How to install
- How to update
- Last features
- How to download
- Frequently Asked Questions
RPCS3 is a multi-platform open-source Sony Play Station 3 emulator and debugger written in C# compatible with iOS (iPhone and iPad devices).
The purpose of the project is to completely and accurately emulate the Sony Play Station 3 Computer Entertainment System in its entirety with the power of open-source community and reverse engineering.
The developers goal is to preserve the legacy of the Play Station 3 hardware and its vast library by bringing it and its exclusives to the mobile platform.
The RPCS3 emulator team want to achieve this by targeting and supporting multiple operating systems as well as being compatible with a wide range of smartphone hardware with realistic requirements.
The project was founded by programmers DH and Hykem in May of 2011.
RPCS3 emulator was first hosted on Google Code and was eventually migrated to GitHub later on in its development.
The emulator’s first successful game boot were primarily composed of smaller homebrew projects and focused hardware tests.
The emulator was later publicly released in June of 2012 and gained substantial attention from both the open-source community and Play Station enthusiasts alike.
Today, RPCS3 emulator is co-developed by two new developers, Nekotekina and kd-11 in tandem with an amazing team of GitHub contributors.
The following table lists the minimum system requirements for running this application on smartphone and tablet devices.
|OS||iOS 11 (or above)|
|Device||iPhone X+ (or equivalent iPad)|
|Storage||64 MB minimum|
The app performance may vary depending on device hardware configuration.
For the best experience, users should be running within the recommended requirements.
- Download AltServer on your computer:
- Install AltStore to your iPhone (or iPad)
- Launch AltStore to begin downloading apps
- Leave AltServer running, and AltStore will do the rest
Applications need to access certain devices systems: as soon as an application is installed, you will be informed of all the permissions it requires.
This app is from a third-party developer, so an automatic update won’t be available.
You will need to manually update the app by removing the old version and installing the new version.
You can download any version of this application directly from our website.
You can contact our technical staff and receive the app archives of most versions and you can download them according to your needs.
Features that are implemented in the last version:
- Improve SPU/PPU LLVM recompiler compatibility, add more optimizations
- Implement parametrized PPU/SPU Interpreters reusing current LLVM IR generator, remove original hard-coded interpreters and make LLVM mandatory
- Make journaling VFS layer or something that fits, properly implementing some missing features like case sensitivity
- Fix any remaining RSX regressions
- Fix surface cache leaks
- Merge RCB+RDB and WCB+WDB and make the new ‘Read Buffers’ option enabled by default
- Rework RSX <-> Cell synchronization framework to be more cohesive
Development versions have the latest fixes and optimizations, but their constantly changing nature means that little testing has been done on them and unknown bugs may appear.
The latest version of this app is available on the link button below.
This guide/tutorial can answer the following questions:
- How to install RPCS3 emulator on iOS
- How to install PS3 emulator on iOS
- How to play PS3 games on iPhone
- How to run RPCS3 emulator on iOS
- Can I play PS3 on iPhone
- How to download RPCS3 emulator IPA